5 Ingredient Nut Butter and Jelly Flax Crackers
For a while I was feeling so uninspired with cooking and making my own food. That happens sometimes and I am totally honest about the waves of motivation I have on making food for myself or living at whole foods. Lately I have been living in the kitchen and having wayy too much fun with these recipes. I have so many people willing to taste test so it has been easy to get opinions. Below is my go-to snack right now. It has ONLY 5 mandatory ingredients, super clean, packed with energy and nutrients. Every ingredient is a real freakin' food. Helll yeah!
Introducing 5 Ingredient Nut Butter and Jelly Flax Crackers.
A little secret...there may or may not be a free recipe bookfor you to download that includes this little gem at the end of this post...
3 Ingredient Flax Crackers
- 1 cup of flax meal (I use trader joes)
- ½ cup of water (filtered)
- Pink himalyan salt
- Mix all the ingredients together. It will make a dough.
- Let this sit for about 10 minutes then roll out in between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Take off top layer of parchment paper and sprinkle more salt on top
- Bake for 12 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Let it cool for about 10 minutes
- Cut into desired shapes/sizes
Protein Berry Chia Seed Jam
- 1.5 cups frozen or fresh berries (any type will do based on the flavor you want)
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 lemon (optional for more flavor)
- 1 or 2 tbsp collagen (optional)
- glass jar
- small pot
- Put frozen or fresh berries and ½ lemon juice over heat in a small pan until you can mash them to a softer consistency.
- You can add Collagen Peptides for added protein I use the Natural Force brand (use discount code CARLY15 for 15% off)
- Pour into glass jar
- Pour in chia seeds and mix very well.
- Put in fridge for at least 1-2 hours or overnight
So now you have your Flax crackers and your jam. We of course need a nut butter to make this complete. I use U Choose Superfoods Cinnamon Superfood Almond butter and it makes this snack addicting AF. (I may or may not have been spooning that nut butter out of the jar...) You can also use a plain almond butter or sunbutter, Trader Joes are my favorite.
There you have it! Two simple recipes that take very minimal effort and you will feel like you’re a kid eating a peanut butter mini...toast? Well put another cracker on top and make it a sandwich. And don't feel locked into just making this. Use the jam for ANYTHING, the opportunities are endless!
Try it out and let me know what you think!!